Sunra - Deal's Goin' Down Sunra - Deal's Goin' Down

I really like this, like your skills with dem 'lectronics are improving like mad. I think maybe you should try layering another kick in, messing with the envelope of the one you already have to add more attack and a slower decay with a sharp treble heavy transient.

Big plus I had with this beat was just how minimal it really was though. All the music was just so, not pretentious but just right. The synth work wasn't overly complex, but very just so. Best example of that is the (sawtooth) pad you had the echo on. And like I said before, the hi-hat was freaking lovely.

Very nice stuff bro! I'm really interested to hear your gritty sound keep developing.

Sunraw responds:

Mucho gracias Ax, very nice to get a detailed review. I'm so damn lazy with kicks haha fml. Thanks a ton for the kind words. Ill consider putting some more punch on the kick next time lmao

Clab- Byron vs Phonix Clab- Byron vs Phonix

I'm actually with Fats on that Phonix is spitting well, at least the flow on the first verse, but the (verb? or is it just a bad recording with compression?) on the first verse is erm. Interesting. Still, credit where it's due, guy had some decent lines. Guy will be a great, probably with more time on the battle scene (honestly hopes he's in clabtrap proper). That said, Phonix, work on the number of punch ins you use, your mixing, and the amount of filler (the 1st verse was wayyyy too fillerish for me).

Byron shone on this track I think, his flow game was greaaaat, lyrics very focused on personals and content. I think Byron won, despite being out-schemed, just because he stayed funny, flowsy and consistent.

Byron FTW, but Phonix shouldn't be disheartened.

Clabtrap '13 Anti-Hype Clabtrap '13 Anti-Hype